- Tuesday, October 17, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Kane Hall 210
Please join us for a talk by award-winning essayist and biographer Adina Hoffman in which she traces the footsteps of three very different architects who
Ty Alhadeff takes a look back at the 4th annual International Ladino Day celebration at the University of Washington.
Professor Devin Naar reflects on the 1978 film Song of the Sephardi and provides a preview of the Fourth International Ladino Day celebration at the University of Washington.
About SCJS Events
- The Stroum Center brings world-class speakers and performers to the UW.
- Stroum Center events are offered to students and the public free of charge!
- Our frequent programming partners on campus include the Simpson Center for the Humanities, the Departments of Philosophy, History, and Near Eastern Languages & Civilization (NELC), among others.
- Our annual marquee event, the Stroum Lectures, began in the 1970s and is still going strong.
- The Stroum Center frequently partners to support events happening in the community, such as the Seattle Jewish Film Festival and Hillel’s Sephardic Hanukkah.
- Examples of recent innovative program series: Hebrew and the Humanities Symposium (Spring 2016) and Spinoza and Modern Jewish Philosophy Conference (Spring 2017).