- Thursday, May 11, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm at Thomson 317 on the UW Campus
Join us to hear about the latest innovations in the field from our talented fellows!
- Sunday, May 21, 12:45 pm - 5:15 pm at Hillel UW
This international conference will explore the myriad ways in which Spinoza contributed to the development of modern Jewish philosophy.
- Sunday, May 21, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Kane Hall 220
The 2017 Stroum Lectures will feature Prof. Jonathan Israel of the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton.
Ty Alhadeff takes a look back at the 4th annual International Ladino Day celebration at the University of Washington.
Michael Rosenthal considers key moral and political questions on immigration. Join him for a 10/27 panel on this topic.
About SCJS Events
- The Stroum Center brings world-class speakers and performers to the UW.
- Stroum Center events are offered to students and the public free of charge!
- Our frequent programming partners on campus include the Simpson Center for the Humanities, the Departments of Philosophy, History, and Near Eastern Languages & Civilization (NELC), among others.
- Our annual marquee event, the Stroum Lectures, began in the 1970s and is still going strong.
- The Stroum Center frequently partners to support events happening in the community, such as the Seattle Jewish Film Festival and Hillel’s Sephardic Hanukkah.
- Examples of recent innovative program series: Hebrew and the Humanities Symposium (Spring 2016) and Spinoza and Modern Jewish Philosophy Conference (Spring 2017).