Thursday, March 9, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
HUB 145, UW Campus
Join us to hear about the latest innovations in the field from our talented Graduate Fellows!
Thursday, April 6, 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Prof. Jeffrey Herf will discuss his latest book "Undeclared Wars with Israel: East Germany and the West German Far Left, 1967-1989"
Tuesday, April 25, 11:45 am - 1:15 pm
HUB 334, UW Campus
Access Students and community members are invited to join Professor Naomi Sokoloff for a screening of an episode from the Israeli television series Ha’Ivrim (“The Writers”) about the Sephardic cantor and hymnist Rabbi David Buzaglo. The film features hymns written by Buzaglo performed by him and others, and documentary clips from Casablanca (in black and
Ty Alhadeff takes a look back at the 4th annual International Ladino Day celebration at the University of Washington.
Michael Rosenthal considers key moral and political questions on immigration. Join him for a 10/27 panel on this topic.
About SCJS Events
- The Stroum Center brings world-class speakers and performers to the UW
- Nearly all Stroum Center events are offered to students and the public free of charge!
- Our programming partners on campus include the Simpson Center for the Humanities, the UW School of Drama, the Department of Philosophy, the Ethnomusicology Program, and the Henry Art Gallery.
- Our annual marquee event, the Stroum Lectures, began in the 1970s and is still going strong
- The Stroum Center frequently partners to support events happening in the community, such as the Seattle Jewish Film Festival and Torathon.
- Examples of recent innovative program series: Judaism Confronts Human Injustice (Winter 2012) and New Voices in World Jewish Music (Winter 2013)