- Friday, September 29, 10:30 am - 11:30 am at HUB 334, UW Campus
¡Vamos a bailar! Learn and practice the basic rhythms and footwork of salsa dancing with Reinier Valdes, an Afro-Cuban master dancer and leader of the
- Friday, September 29, 11:30 am - 12:30 pm at HUB 334, UW Campus
Jewish Studies is one of seven majors offered by the Jackson School of International Studies. Meet other International Studies students, advisers and staff to learn about
- Tuesday, October 17, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Kane Hall 210
Please join us for the inaugural event of the Stroum Center’s Israel Studies Program, a talk by award-winning essayist and biographer Adina Hoffman. Hoffman will
We are pleased to share our video recording of the November 30, 2016 International Ladino Day celebration in Seattle.
Professor Jonathan Israel explores Spinoza's role as a revolutionary thinker and precursor to the modern human rights movement in the 2017 Stroum Lectures in Jewish Studies.
This international conference, in combination with the 2017 Stroum Lectures, explored the myriad ways in which Spinoza has contributed to the development of modern Jewish philosophy.
About SCJS Events
- The Stroum Center brings world-class speakers and performers to the UW.
- Stroum Center events are offered to students and the public free of charge!
- Our frequent programming partners on campus include the Simpson Center for the Humanities, the Departments of Philosophy, History, and Near Eastern Languages & Civilization (NELC), among others.
- Our annual marquee event, the Stroum Lectures, began in the 1970s and is still going strong.
- The Stroum Center frequently partners to support events happening in the community, such as the Seattle Jewish Film Festival and Hillel’s Sephardic Hanukkah.
- Examples of recent innovative program series: Hebrew and the Humanities Symposium (Spring 2016) and Spinoza and Modern Jewish Philosophy Conference (Spring 2017).