Questions to Consider: Pisqa’ 306
1. What makes dew different than other kinds of rain?
2. What does this teaching assume about how one should teach – and receive – Torah?
1. This section has 3 parts to it. What does each section teach that is unique?
2. This text does not judge what is best: grapevines, olive trees, fig trees; different kinds of herbs; different kinds of people. Why do we feel the need to judge each other? What does this judgment do to our community? How could this teaching help us avoid judgment of others? Is this important? What if others judge us? How can we avoid judging them? Is judgment sometimes necessary?
3. How do you understand the final section? Do you agree? Who do you think of as a “disciple of sages” in our community today?